St. Mary's Medical Center (West Virginia)

www.st-marys.org
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for St. Mary's Medical Center (West Virginia)

Great

I worked at St. Mary's Medical Center (West Virginia) part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Nice hospital
Awesome co-workers
If you work hard and don't complain, you will get far here.

Cons

Minor drama with management occasionally. Sometimes they have trouble figuring out how and when to give you your paycheck, but not too late.

Don't forget to pay me.

18 Other Employee Reviews for St. Mary's Medical Center (West Virginia) (View Most Recent)

So So

I have been working at St. Mary's Medical Center (West Virginia)

Pros

Union based position, wouldn't work for the company without the union. Don't feel they are trustworthy.

Cons

Medical isn't that great considering your working for a medical center.
    Too worried about growing "bigger and better" than to actually listen to their employees and make positive changes.

If you ask for an opinion actually listen to the advise or suggestions you are given.

Happy to work here

I have been working at St. Mary's Medical Center (West Virginia)

Pros

Great coworkers, decent benefits and staffing, decent pay for the area. Management is fair. Administration does emphasize quality care, morals and values

Cons

Staffing and salaries have decreased over the years. Cafeteria is terrible and overpriced. Recent merger with Cabell was secretive and felt very shady.

Recognize good employees financially. Spirit of St Marys award is nice but increased salary would be better. The difference in annual pay raise for an exceptional employee and a poor employee is around 1/2%. After working very hard for several years with piles of positive patient comments, piles of comments from other employees as to my quality of work and lots of recognition in the form of awards etc. I was given my typical 2.5% raise. Found out the laziest employees I know all got 2% or more. Very discouraging.

There are newer employer reviews for St. Mary's Medical Center (West Virginia)