St Mobile Aerospace Eng. Inc.

www.slarc.org
  www.slarc.org
There are newer employer reviews for St Mobile Aerospace Eng. Inc.

this job has great insurance benefits,but limited opportunities to exceed.

Current Employee - Material Clerk in Mobile, AL
Current Employee - Material Clerk in Mobile, AL

I have been working at St Mobile Aerospace Eng. Inc.

Pros

insurance benefits,paid time off,2-weeks vacation a year,x-mas bonus

Cons

very small starting pay, limited raises,they will cut-off a program that would have entitled you to a pay increase.

treat every individual equally no favortism,show more respect for us young adults, listen to both sides of an story before you take actions in disiplinary.

4 Other Employee Reviews for St Mobile Aerospace Eng. Inc. (View Most Recent)

Low pay, long hours, bad work schedule and days off, repetitive work, no advancement.

Former Employee - APG in Mobile, AL
    Former Employee - APG in Mobile, AL

I worked at St Mobile Aerospace Eng. Inc.

Pros

The work has been reasonably steady (except in recession). Most of the workers are good people. Most of the Lead Mechanics are reasonable.

Cons

Job is stressful for all concerned. Pressure on mechanics to complete jobs on time and within budget. Airline customers are trying to cut costs as much as possible. Compensation is flat. Pay was cut in 2001 after 9/11 and still make less than then (11 years). Management squeezes every dime out workers. Generally, too few people working. 50 hours is standard work week. Pay you're receiving for 50 hours is what you should be receiving for 40 hours.

Raise your pay to an amount that people can live on and do something about the worklife balance.

Terrible Place to work or make a career!

Former Employee - Aircraft Mechanic in Mobile, AL
    Former Employee - Aircraft Mechanic in Mobile, AL

I worked at St Mobile Aerospace Eng. Inc. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The economy is iffy, fishing,boating,swimming,snorkeling,hunting, beach,etc

Cons

I am a contractor, I started in Sep 2013. Drove 10 hours to get there wednesday, for training. The training started at Ten O'clock am to 5:30(6.5 hours), thereafter 8 on thursday 8 on friday then the weekend. That week I made 120.00 dollars a day roughly 320.00 dollars. The next week was the same but I got 40 hours so......do the math! The hotels were extremely high the roads diffficult to navigate (if you are accustomed to service roads)etc. The third week, I finally finished the redundency of training and got on the floor that Monday.Took me 45 min to find the lead, when I did find him he had no idea I was coming!! When I finally got clocked in on a job, I was deducted pay because I was not on a job at 6:15 (.6) increments. The first job card was R2 a simple splice that was installed previously But! I had only a hour to do this on the card. I found out quickly that the previous mechanic was a DIRECT employee that burned the hours and I was to step in and be the saviour!! I have been a structures mechanic for twenty years and I know that repair, was gonna go beyond the time allotted. I tell my lead what the deal is and he tells me don't worry about it. I removed the bad repair, normally there is an extrusion, that is a common item in stock but I couldnt locate it cause I was never showed how to get raw stock!!! Long story short, finished the repair which was tedious because I was never shown how to order parts, chemicals, hardware etc. That was my First day. I was able to get 50 hours the next week doing fixums from other direct mechanics mistakes. The following week they decided to cut hours to 40 a week! The next week we were laid off for two weeks without pay! With that said, we were not allowed to take our tools for those two weeks, If we did It was an admission of quitting! Took two weeks off without pay, get back on that Monday and there was nooooooooo work!!!! Was sent home and the next day there was a mandatory metting for contractors only. They told us the work load was minimal and we would have to do painting the parking lot, clean bathrooms, cut grass(winter) and any other work just to keep busy until the workload gets better! What a slap on the face. I can go on and on about my short live employment at this company but I won't. The bottom line is: This place is NOT where you want to work or the sister company in SA Antonio Tx. I have been trying to find a website to express my concerns for these places and I hope this post runs deep so that someone can share the bad experience and put the word out! Don't go work for either company!!!!!!!!!!!

Get some true ethics for leads and managers in the workplace, treat contractors with dignity because If It was not for us your company would fail hands down!

There are newer employer reviews for St Mobile Aerospace Eng. Inc.