StackSurfers

www.stacksurfers.com

Better than most IT Staffing Companies

Former Employee - Javascript Developer  in  San Jose, CA
Former Employee - Javascript Developer in San Jose, CA

Pros

My onboarding was very smooth. One point of contact for Benefits, 401k, etc.
They asked my manager twice if I was doing well. He told them my performance was at or above that of the rest of the team and they gave me both a Training and Development bonus and a Tenure Bonus.

Cons

Their interview process was a bit lengthy. I was screened by a StackSurfers Recruiter and then they had me do a coding challenge on codeeval.com. That all had to happen before I was submitted and interviewed by the client.

You have a good model. Most staffing companies take the profit and run. I really respect the fact that you guys reward the hard work that your contracted Developers do out in the field.

Other reviews for StackSurfers

Experienced Recruiters and solid client base

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter  in  Los Gatos, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Los Gatos, CA

Pros

Excellent culture. Cutting edge tools, systems, processes. Direct client access. Full req load.

Cons

Startups and mid-sized companies as clients. Good req flow but not great. Could have more Vendor Managed / Volume accounts.

You've got great people. Continue to trust them to do what they do best, invest in their futures, and you have a solid recipe. So far so good!!

Stacksurfers odds of success are better than good

Former Employee - Machine Learning Data Scientist  in  Cupertino, CA
    Former Employee - Machine Learning Data Scientist in Cupertino, CA

Pros

I was referred to Stacksurfers by a friend when looking for a position in 2012.

They didn't have anything for me at the time. After a pretty extensive discussion with one of their Recruiters, I was told they had a clear picture of my requirements and would contact me immediately once they had a fit.

I wasn't surprised by this as I specialize in Machine Learning; Bayesian Probability Algorithms, backpropogation, etc.

True to their word they contacted me about 4 months later with a position. Minus the commute being a bit of a grind it was perfect for me in every way.

I've been happy, and incredibly busy, at my new company for over 5 months.

Cons

None that I can think of.

I tend to look at staffing companies with a bit of disdain. In my mind I consider them a necessary evil; a middleman that gets paid for being in the right time at the right place, but not for providing quality customer service. Stacksurfers has proven, at least to me, that my industry has a legitimate need for high caliber placement services.

There are newer employer reviews for StackSurfers.

Worked for StackSurfers? Contribute to the Community!