StackSurfers

There are newer employer reviews for StackSurfers

Better than most IT Staffing Companies

Former Employee - Javascript Developer in San Jose, CA
Former Employee - Javascript Developer in San Jose, CA

I worked at StackSurfers as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

My onboarding was very smooth. One point of contact for Benefits, 401k, etc.
They asked my manager twice if I was doing well. He told them my performance was at or above that of the rest of the team and they gave me both a Training and Development bonus and a Tenure Bonus.

Cons

Their interview process was a bit lengthy. I was screened by a StackSurfers Recruiter and then they had me do a coding challenge on codeeval.com. That all had to happen before I was submitted and interviewed by the client.

You have a good model. Most staffing companies take the profit and run. I really respect the fact that you guys reward the hard work that your contracted Developers do out in the field.

4 Other Employee Reviews for StackSurfers (View Most Recent)

Recruiter

Former Employee - Mobile (Ios/Android) Recruiter in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Mobile (Ios/Android) Recruiter in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at StackSurfers full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent client base consisting of small to mid-sized, well funded, startups. Received advanced sourcing training, tips and tricks daily. Good autonomy outside of daily requirements meetings in the morning. Work from home.

Cons

Great clients but limited volume in terms of contract roles. Primarily a contingent / retained firm which is fine but I would have liked to have built a better book of contracting hires.

Focus a little more on signing vendor managed systems. You will be better than the rest of the vendors.

Experienced Recruiters and solid client base

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Los Gatos, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Los Gatos, CA

I have been working at StackSurfers full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent culture. Cutting edge tools, systems, processes. Direct client access. Full req load.

Cons

Startups and mid-sized companies as clients. Good req flow but not great. Could have more Vendor Managed / Volume accounts.

You've got great people. Continue to trust them to do what they do best, invest in their futures, and you have a solid recipe. So far so good!!

There are newer employer reviews for StackSurfers