There are newer employer reviews for StackSurfers

Stacksurfers odds of success are better than good

Former Employee - Machine Learning Data Scientist in Cupertino, CA
Former Employee - Machine Learning Data Scientist in Cupertino, CA

I worked at StackSurfers full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I was referred to Stacksurfers by a friend when looking for a position in 2012.

They didn't have anything for me at the time. After a pretty extensive discussion with one of their Recruiters, I was told they had a clear picture of my requirements and would contact me immediately once they had a fit.

I wasn't surprised by this as I specialize in Machine Learning; Bayesian Probability Algorithms, backpropogation, etc.

True to their word they contacted me about 4 months later with a position. Minus the commute being a bit of a grind it was perfect for me in every way.

I've been happy, and incredibly busy, at my new company for over 5 months.

Cons

None that I can think of.

I tend to look at staffing companies with a bit of disdain. In my mind I consider them a necessary evil; a middleman that gets paid for being in the right time at the right place, but not for providing quality customer service. Stacksurfers has proven, at least to me, that my industry has a legitimate need for high caliber placement services.

reviews filtered by
  1. Better than most IT Staffing Companies

Former Contractor - Javascript Developer in San Jose, CA
    Former Contractor - Javascript Developer in San Jose, CA

I worked at StackSurfers as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

My onboarding was very smooth. One point of contact for Benefits, 401k, etc.
    They asked my manager twice if I was doing well. He told them my performance was at or above that of the rest of the team and they gave me both a Training and Development bonus and a Tenure Bonus.

Cons

Their interview process was a bit lengthy. I was screened by a StackSurfers Recruiter and then they had me do a coding challenge on codeeval.com. That all had to happen before I was submitted and interviewed by the client.

You have a good model. Most staffing companies take the profit and run. I really respect the fact that you guys reward the hard work that your contracted Developers do out in the field.

2. Recruiter

Former Employee - Mobile (Ios/Android) Recruiter in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Mobile (Ios/Android) Recruiter in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at StackSurfers full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Excellent client base consisting of small to mid-sized, well funded, startups. Received advanced sourcing training, tips and tricks daily. Good autonomy outside of daily requirements meetings in the morning. Work from home.

Cons

Great clients but limited volume in terms of contract roles. Primarily a contingent / retained firm which is fine but I would have liked to have built a better book of contracting hires.

Focus a little more on signing vendor managed systems. You will be better than the rest of the vendors.

There are newer employer reviews for StackSurfers