StackSurfers

www.stacksurfers.com

Stacksurfers odds of success are better than good

Machine Learning Data Scientist (Former Employee) Cupertino, CA

ProsI was referred to Stacksurfers by a friend when looking for a position in 2012.

They didn't have anything for me at the time. After a pretty extensive discussion with one of their Recruiters, I was told they had a clear picture of my requirements and would contact me immediately once they had a fit.

I wasn't surprised by this as I specialize in Machine Learning; Bayesian Probability Algorithms, backpropogation, etc.

True to their word they contacted me about 4 months later with a position. Minus the commute being a bit of a grind it was perfect for me in every way.

I've been happy, and incredibly busy, at my new company for over 5 months.

ConsNone that I can think of.

Advice to Senior ManagementI tend to look at staffing companies with a bit of disdain. In my mind I consider them a necessary evil; a middleman that gets paid for being in the right time at the right place, but not for providing quality customer service. Stacksurfers has proven, at least to me, that my industry has a legitimate need for high caliber placement services.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Better than most IT Staffing Companies

Javascript Developer (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

I worked at StackSurfers as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: My onboarding was very smooth. One point of contact for Benefits, 401k, etc. They asked my manager twice if I was doing well. He… Cons: Their interview process was a bit lengthy. I was screened by a StackSurfers Recruiter and then they had me… Advice to Senior Management: You have a good model. Most staffing companies take the profit and run. I really respect… – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Experienced Recruiters and solid client base

Senior Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) Los Gatos, CA

I have been working at StackSurfers full-time for more than a year

Pros: Excellent culture. Cutting edge tools, systems, processes. Direct… Cons: Startups and mid-sized companies as clients. Good req flow but… Advice to Senior Management: You've got great people. Continue to trust them to do what they do best,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on StackSurfers.

Worked for StackSurfers? Contribute to the Community!