The Job Made Me Sick

Former Employee - Recruiter in Irving, TX
Former Employee - Recruiter in Irving, TX

I worked at Staff Care

Pros

Like others have said, if you work really hard and are lucky then promotions and advancing your career are pretty easy. It's one of the only jobs I have held where career growth is possible in the same city. Healthcare is a good industry and I would imagine locums work being more desirable with increasing insurance cost to doctors.

Cons

Like I said, this place made me sick! I would feel great outside the office but once there my throat hurt, head throbbed and I felt ill. I really think the stress wore me down! The goals you had were sometimes impossible to reach with many doctors looking down on locums work. You were consistently micromanaged with laughable guidance. You have to work 50 hours a week to hit your salary and it takes forever to get a decent bonus. You even had to come in some Saturday's!! Pay was awful for how much you work. It's very evident management only care about profit and not people. There was either someone being fired or quitting once a week.

Advice to Management

To make the company money you need happy employees. Focus on employee relations and the company could do great!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good pay but little care of employee welfare

I worked at Staff Care full-time

Pros

Pay was excellent, but I made more than most at the company due to being in a little bit different section of the company.

Cons

Management in highly compensated based on production, so they ride their teams like work horses. Little interest in employee welfare.

Advice to Management

They need to express interest in employee morale and listen to employee concerns. Allow flex scheduling (which other AMN locations allow).

2. great place to work

I worked at Staff Care full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I loved working at Staff Care, great benefits and perks, uncapped commission, second to none training.

Cons

Phone activity was micro-managed. Manage based on results, not the number of phone calls a person makes.

Advice to Management

Less focus on activity, more focus on results.