Staff Management SMX

www.staffmanagement.com

Eh, nothing special

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Iowa City, IA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Pros

I needed a second job and the hours fit with my schedule from my other job, so I took the job. I worked at Proctor and Gamble packaging shampoo, it wasn't enjoyable.

Cons

Pretty much the entire job sucked, it was mindless, boring, brain-numbing work and I very nearly quit the first day on the job. It was very repetitive, however by the summer I was convinced I needed to do well in college so that I wouldn't wind up there again.

Didn't really work with management much other than the training orientation, "interview" if you can call it that, and when I had questions about when and where to report for work.

Other reviews for Staff Management SMX

Good Company, Below Average Comp

Current Employee - Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

The team atmosphere is very much stressed and the company invests a lot in each new employee. If you are motivated, you can move up quickly...this wasn't always the case. They are doing a better job now of promoting from within, rather than when I started almost four years ago. The technology aspect of the company is great, we have all proprietary software applications that function perfectly for what we do. What drew me to the company was its slogan "Innovate or Die". While I think that's probably a bit over the top, there is some truth to it. The company constantly strives for improvement.

Cons

The compensation is not comparable to similiar jobs, though this also is changing. It is a private company and the overall company leadership is often clouded. I wish Senior Management would be more clear on our direction and future initiatives. It is a close knit company (maybe even too much so) and there are cliques. I stay away from that and try to remain as neutral as possible. Also, there have been times where we take clients for name recognition, which is great, but is it a good idea to take on a project that we are definately going to lose money on? We also need to learn to pushback a bit harder with unrealistic clients.

Please be more clear on the direction of our company from a strategy and financial perspective. I would like to know the 5-10 year plan to better decide if this is really a long-term career company.

Good company with mediocre compensation.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

They are the best in their industry (large volume staffing in mostly manufacturing environment). Very forward thinking and innovative. Good work/life balance.

Cons

It's not a huge company and compensation could be much more competitive. Also, they are almost too client driven.

The company does a great job thinking outside of the box and creating innovative solutions. Senior management should remember to to become too client focused and lose sight of the happiness of current employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Staff Management SMX.

Worked for Staff Management SMX? Contribute to the Community!