Great benefits, but......

Current Employee - Trainer  in  Riverton, UT
Current Employee - Trainer in Riverton, UT

I have been working at Stampin' Up! full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

For the most part, the people are great to work with. Everyone is there toget their job done and are willing to help each other out, especially when the deadlines are tight.

Cons

Deadlines are always tight. Everyone is always working cross functionally on different projects, but no one is given ownership of a specific product or process. Each department has their own way of doing things, which leads to confusion and dropped deliverables. It feels like no one is driving at times. There is no new hire training. They expect you to know internal operations procedures from day 1, but don't give you a roadmap. Management is quick to pass blame for poor strategy to the tactical team. Too many instances to list. I'm looking for a different job. Job searchers, beware.

You need to take a serious look into your current management structure. It's not working.

Other Reviews for Stampin' Up!

Great co-workers/Amazing focus on employees

I have been working at Stampin' Up! full-time

Pros

Employees, work life balance, office culture, compensation, benefits package, work environment, products, growth potential, CEO.

Cons

Top Leaderships ability to find the new (President/Half of the VP's).

Contrary to what others are saying, I think leadership has done a good job at keeping us alive during a tough time in the arts and crafts/paper crafting industry when many others are going out of business. We just received a healthy raise and bonus and are doing well in many of our markets. The advice I would give to management is to take bigger calculated risks on finding the new. Forget about small wins and choose a long-term strategy to build strength within our biggest market. I am not sure our current president, or a handful of his vice presidents are qualified to make this happen. They are good at managing the status-quo, but are not change agents. Our CEO has put a little too much trust in the President/VP's and should probably step back in and do some performance managing. That being said this company is far and above a better place to spend your 9-5 than 99% of companies in Utah. I have noticed that a-lot of employees have a hard time leaving, and if they do they either come back or regret it.

Poor Management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Riverton, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Riverton, UT

I have been working at Stampin' Up! full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

OK benefit package, nice folks to work with, nice building, there is so much to do the days fly by quickly

Cons

No chance for advancement, small or no bonuses, small raises which only throw you into a new tax bracket, increased significant work load. SU likes to put people on salary so they can work them to death. If you can do an amazing job in 40 hours a week than you need a bigger work load so you can do an amazing job at 50 or 60 hours a week. Take your work home? Sure there will be MORE projects assigned to you! Just because you were hired and are qualified for one job does not mean that is what you will be doing. You can be so busy you have no idea when you will be finished with your projects and then you are called to work on the pick line, or told you have to go and work at convention, then they still expect your projects to be done. SU is an organizational mess!
    The Management is so unqualified they are pretty consistently flying from the seat of their pants! Meetings are insane. They call meetings for everything and before you know it you are in meetings all day long and you have to take your work home so you can get it started.
    SU says they promote Family life but what the CEO really means is she promotes HER family and their lives. Your family is insignificant. It does not matter how many years you work for the company or all of the amazing things you have done for the company, in a heart beat they have no problem throwing you out the front door with NO warning. The current president is as cold as ice and could care less about honor and loyalty to anyone. He is there for a paycheck just like everyone else.

The CEO needs to come back to work and find a new President. The energy he has brought to the company is cold and heartless because that is what he is cold and heartless. The CEO needs to realize all of the folks that made the company what it is (or once was) have been dismissed. She needs to realize her loyalties have been in the wrong place. The current management are NOT qualified to run this company.

There are newer employer reviews for Stampin' Up!.

Worked for Stampin' Up!? Contribute to the Community!