Standard Chartered Bank

www.standardchartered.com
There are newer employer reviews for Standard Chartered Bank

Interesting

I worked at Standard Chartered Bank

Pros

Highly mobile across departments and countries, progressive in terms of talent development and aggressive in terms of performance targets

Cons

Lots of changes in past few years

679 Other Employee Reviews for Standard Chartered Bank (View Most Recent)

A great working environment

Current Employee - Client Coverage Manager in Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)
    Current Employee - Client Coverage Manager in Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)

I have been working at Standard Chartered Bank

Pros

competitive compensation, great working environment

Cons

senior management are not always fair

treat the employees with respect and sympathy.

Low morale - not many care for the Organisation anymore.

I have been working at Standard Chartered Bank

Pros

Extreme flexibility Work from Home practice in some departments (min 2 days at home). Unaudited business travels. Flexibility to consume unused business air ticket for personal trip and offset from official Travel & Expense Claim. So flexible! Know me, Focus me, Care for me, Inspire me (KFCi) - just make sure you apply this to your boss, double promo within the year would be a guaranteed! Lead by Example - do what your boss do, spot award will be yours in no time! If u can 'perform' these with clear heart to deceive your good value practice, these are the best reasons to work in SCB.

Cons

One with good virtues, believe in doing the right thing and strong believer of Here for Good, SCB culture is way to far to achieve that. There is no real Owner in such Organisation - senior management are also employees who get paid every month (I mean fat pay), directors and share holders get pay fatty fats when cost is lowered! So how many would care for the Organisation which is made up of Workers in majority? Annual pay increment only effects in April for good effort put in the previous year - what happen to Jan, Feb and Mar - who cares that builds into the revenue!

Leadership is from the heart. Sincerity can be felt if one has a heart of a human. To the Workers money is important to sustain the family; To most of the Management money is wealth, status, superior, power and in turn can't afford to loose - so what do they do? Cause and Effect law which only those with wisdom truly understand and practice.

There are newer employer reviews for Standard Chartered Bank