Standard Chartered Bank

www.standardchartered.com

Low morale - not many care for the Organisation anymore.

ProsExtreme flexibility Work from Home practice in some departments (min 2 days at home). Unaudited business travels. Flexibility to consume unused business air ticket for personal trip and offset from official Travel & Expense Claim. So flexible! Know me, Focus me, Care for me, Inspire me (KFCi) - just make sure you apply this to your boss, double promo within the year would be a guaranteed! Lead by Example - do what your boss do, spot award will be yours in no time! If u can 'perform' these with clear heart to deceive your good value practice, these are the best reasons to work in SCB.

ConsOne with good virtues, believe in doing the right thing and strong believer of Here for Good, SCB culture is way to far to achieve that. There is no real Owner in such Organisation - senior management are also employees who get paid every month (I mean fat pay), directors and share holders get pay fatty fats when cost is lowered! So how many would care for the Organisation which is made up of Workers in majority? Annual pay increment only effects in April for good effort put in the previous year - what happen to Jan, Feb and Mar - who cares that builds into the revenue!

Advice to Senior ManagementLeadership is from the heart. Sincerity can be felt if one has a heart of a human. To the Workers money is important to sustain the family; To most of the Management money is wealth, status, superior, power and in turn can't afford to loose - so what do they do? Cause and Effect law which only those with wisdom truly understand and practice.

Overall good, but people career management could be handled far better

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Standard Chartered Bank

Pros: less politics less bureaucracy genuinely friendly people extremely culturally aware committed to the community… Cons: foward planning of the most important asset - people, is often lacking for all but the few… Advice to Senior Management: Again, have a structured, specific and tailored development plan for staff at all levels with accountability and committment… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Overall a good place

Project Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Standard Chartered Bank

Pros: Show flexibility in timings.Very understanding considerate towards employee personal needs. Cons: Top managemnt do not communicate decisions and startey with staff.There is a clear wall between middle and senior management.Very polotical.One need to know the right… Advice to Senior Management: Share decisions and rationale behind them with your staff.Recognise people… More
There are newer reviews on Standard Chartered Bank.

Worked for Standard Chartered Bank? Contribute to the Community!