Standard Life
www.standardlife.com Edinburgh, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

SL Canada is a good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsPlenty of opportunity to move around within the organization, resources are in place to support career development. Managers are supportive of external training. Performance reviews occur annually.

ConsComp is average at best, benefits are nothing to write home about. Management could do a better job of connecting with mid-level staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to be more hands-off on projects of average importance; too much micro-management takes place in instances where it is really unnecessary.

Employees a pro, management a con

Disability Associate (Former Employee)
    Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at Standard Life full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: employees, team morale, departmental spirit, advancement Cons: Management is very weak and human resources is also no… Advice to Senior Management: When an employee comes to you with a concern, you… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

It's a good company to work for, at the forefront of change and always ensuring it performs more than what is expected.

Finance Administrator (Current Employee)
    Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Standard Life full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Rated at giving equal opportunities and understanding of staff's needs. Cons: No 'against' comment to make. Advice to Senior Management: Nothing to comment on this. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Standard Life.

Worked for Standard Life? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Standard Life reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Standard Life CEO David Nish. All reviews posted anonymously by Standard Life employees.