Interesting

Current Employee - Cashier
Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at Standard Parking

Pros

-Jobs start later in the day, so it's a good place to work if you don't like the mornings.
-It's a very simple, easy to do job. Very little training or education is needed.
-It was easy to pick up additional hours at the location that I worked at.
-Entry level pay at my location was much higher than pay at similar cashier jobs, and above minimum wage.

Cons

-It was almost impossible to get time off, especially if you only work part time or on weekends, at least at my location.

-Management seemed to be trying to run our location with as few employees as possible.

-Many of the workers at my location were also unreliable. They would frequently call in sick, and were rarely punished for doing so, despite the burden this placed on management and other cashiers.

-Like any customer service job, the customers can be the worst part of the job. Management would also not defend cashiers when they were right and customers were wrong. Instead, they let customers out for free.

Advice to Management

-Treat good employees well, and get rid of bad employees.

-Simplify parking fees and validations so that people easily understand what they're paying for, so that there are fewer misunderstandings and fights between cashiers and customers.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. my experience was good

Former Employee - Garage Attendant
    Former Employee - Garage Attendant

I worked at Standard Parking

Pros

standard parking was a good place to work, respectful fair pay, could be better, but this is true with a lot of places. Uniforms provided, must return or you pay out of pocket, they clean them for you.
    Overall nice place to work , people really nice

Cons

Pay could be better, like most places these days, not really any bad things to report maybe a faster track to advancing career position

Advice to Management

better pay, faster track to advancement of career keep up respect for workers, continue to praise their work a little in the way of appreciation towards workers, goes a long way

2. Ok

I worked at Standard Parking

Pros

It was a fun experience.

Cons

There isnt much room for growth

Advice to Management

NA