There are newer employer reviews for Standard Parking

Standard Parking: Employee honest review.

Current Employee - Facility Manager
Current Employee - Facility Manager

I have been working at Standard Parking

Pros

In my opinion the advancement oppurtunity is great. I have had great experinces with upper management and many chances for advancement.

Cons

The parking enviorment can be harsh because of the outside elements. Sometimes dealing with the public in this kind of a job can be hard. There is a lot of stereotyping involved (because you work in a parking garage you must be uneducated).

Another downside of working for Standard Parking is their relocation policy. Even If offered a new position in another state most people will have to decline because they offer no relocation help. This really hurts a company because qualified employees are not able to relocate to where they might be needed.

My experience with Senior Management has been excellent. Keep up the good work.

reviews filtered by
  1. Good part time job to work while in school

Former Employee - Valet Attendant in Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Valet Attendant in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at Standard Parking part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, reasonable pay, fast-paced, good exercise

Cons

Limited ceiling for compensation, few opportunities for advancement

Need to improve methods of customer transactions and money handling

2. It is what it is...

I worked at Standard Parking part-time

Pros

Easy work. They expect you to know basic math, be punctual, be responsible, and courteous.

Cons

They are strict about appearance (will send you home for unapproved clothing). They are strict about being punctual (will cut part of your paycheck if even 10 min. late). If part time, no guarantee in hours and schedule will fluctuate constantly (making it hard to find additional supplemental employment).

Pay employees a living wage with the most basic of basic benefits. Higher ups have no idea what it is like to have to struggle/starve and barely survive on minimum wage. Along with the terror that comes with one day possibly getting sick or injured. All of our part time staff was forced to apply for government assistance (although they all wanted to work more for the company and not be a drain on the system).

There are newer employer reviews for Standard Parking