There are newer employer reviews for Standard Parking

Disorganized is an understatement

I worked at Standard Parking

Pros

Flexible scheduling
Good benefits package
Good team environment

Cons

Tons of micromanagement
Tons of mismanagement or compete lack there of
Total disconnect from corporate.

Stop blowing smoke around and get to the point when it comes to delegating responsibilities or handling employee issues.

reviews filtered by

Standard Parking: a lackluster employer.

I have been working at Standard Parking

Pros

The healthcare options are decent and the lower management is very pleasant. Many worksites have strong staff camaraderie and excellent clients.

Cons

Low to non-existant opportunities for promotion; management frequently omits information useful or in the best interest of low level employees, employees are often blamed for problems stemming from this practice, guilt and discipline follow from this leading to low level employees being unfairly worked, moved, or denied reasonable requests; general managerial incompetence and conflicting partnerships between management and vendors; payroll mistakes arrise regularly.

2. Interesting

Current Employee - Cashier
    Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at Standard Parking

Pros

-Jobs start later in the day, so it's a good place to work if you don't like the mornings.
    -It's a very simple, easy to do job. Very little training or education is needed.
    -It was easy to pick up additional hours at the location that I worked at.
    -Entry level pay at my location was much higher than pay at similar cashier jobs, and above minimum wage.

Cons

-It was almost impossible to get time off, especially if you only work part time or on weekends, at least at my location.

-Management seemed to be trying to run our location with as few employees as possible.

-Many of the workers at my location were also unreliable. They would frequently call in sick, and were rarely punished for doing so, despite the burden this placed on management and other cashiers.

-Like any customer service job, the customers can be the worst part of the job. Management would also not defend cashiers when they were right and customers were wrong. Instead, they let customers out for free.

-Treat good employees well, and get rid of bad employees.

-Simplify parking fees and validations so that people easily understand what they're paying for, so that there are fewer misunderstandings and fights between cashiers and customers.

There are newer employer reviews for Standard Parking