There are newer employer reviews for Standard Parking

My experience working with Standard Parking was good overall it is a very relaxing easy job that requires no experience.

Former Employee - Parking Garage Attendant in Fort Worth, TX
Former Employee - Parking Garage Attendant in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Standard Parking part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you are a high school/college student you have plenty of time in between lunch hour and when everyone goes home to study or read. There really is not much supervision, the job is easy to do does not entitle much no former experience is needed.

Cons

There are a lot of customer problems so if you work for standard parking you much know how to separate business with personal feelings. The company does not value a students schedule it is not flexible it is set in stone and does not respect its part-time employees. There is also no way to advance within the company my former employee instead of giving me a management position in another location she gave it to her daughter. Instead of another employee with more years and experience.

I advice management to REPLACE all of its booth Attending's with the Electronic Machines. That way the company can save its money without having to pay employee's and managers or area supervisors it would cut the company cost greatly as a former employee I felt I did nothing that a 3rd grader students could not do working as a cashier in a booth in a parking garage.

54 Other Employee Reviews for Standard Parking (View Most Recent)

It's a job

Current Employee - Shuttle Bus Driver in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Shuttle Bus Driver in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Standard Parking

Pros

No managers on your back due to the fact your on a bus majority of the day. Also its a great opportunity to interact with a variety of people from different backgrounds and cultures learning new things every trip. If your ever have the opportunity to become an full-time employee the offer great benefits and depending on your shift sometimes you can receive tips up to 60 dollars of tips on a good day. For the most part the supervisors are laid back as long as you do what you are instructed to, which you can't complain.

Cons

Your on a bus all day.

Nightmare. Its time the management employ compitent managers to run its operation

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Standard Parking

Pros

Good medical benefit provided by union 727

Cons

Professional development is not recognize by the company. Any self development by an employee is seen as threat by the front line managers

Employ people who can bring innovations in to the company and also develop a system of recognizing potential in the company instead of the old system of recognizing incompitent loyalist. Parking is a good business especially in the cities and I hope Jim realize this and protect investors interest.

There are newer employer reviews for Standard Parking