There are newer employer reviews for Standard Parking

Needs some major changes n it would be great.

Former Employee - I Was Never Told My Job Title in Queens Village, NY
Former Employee - I Was Never Told My Job Title in Queens Village, NY

I worked at Standard Parking full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The workers are good humble and hard working . You feel like family once your on board. The Pay is Good. Also you can join the union after 3 months n start gaining benefits.

Cons

Its a job that requires a lot of standing and short breaks to recuperate from the excessive standing. Shifts are unchangeable and management is hard to talk to. Management display Racial Discrimination, Endangered workers, Unsafe work environment, displayed ethnic Hierarchy, and Religious Discrimination. I never found out my job title everyday was a new assignment.

Advice to Management

Check in on the locations unannounced and you'll see more of what is really going.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. My experience working with Standard Parking was good overall it is a very relaxing easy job that requires no experience.

Former Employee - Parking Garage Attendant in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Parking Garage Attendant in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Standard Parking part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are a high school/college student you have plenty of time in between lunch hour and when everyone goes home to study or read. There really is not much supervision, the job is easy to do does not entitle much no former experience is needed.

Cons

There are a lot of customer problems so if you work for standard parking you much know how to separate business with personal feelings. The company does not value a students schedule it is not flexible it is set in stone and does not respect its part-time employees. There is also no way to advance within the company my former employee instead of giving me a management position in another location she gave it to her daughter. Instead of another employee with more years and experience.

Advice to Management

I advice management to REPLACE all of its booth Attending's with the Electronic Machines. That way the company can save its money without having to pay employee's and managers or area supervisors it would cut the company cost greatly as a former employee I felt I did nothing that a 3rd grader students could not do working as a cashier in a booth in a parking garage.

2. It's a job

Current Employee - Shuttle Bus Driver in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Shuttle Bus Driver in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Standard Parking

Pros

No managers on your back due to the fact your on a bus majority of the day. Also its a great opportunity to interact with a variety of people from different backgrounds and cultures learning new things every trip. If your ever have the opportunity to become an full-time employee the offer great benefits and depending on your shift sometimes you can receive tips up to 60 dollars of tips on a good day. For the most part the supervisors are laid back as long as you do what you are instructed to, which you can't complain.

Cons

Your on a bus all day.