Standard Register

www.standardregister.com
  www.standardregister.com
There are newer employer reviews for Standard Register

Bad customer service.. and now they are messing with our compensation

I have been working at Standard Register

Pros

High net promoter score with existing customers that make up for 80% of the revenue.
Great training.

Cons

Low net promoter score with most new customers.
Terrible customer service. Not customer intimate.
Terrible upper management.

You need to bring customer service back to the field. You need to hire managers that understand our business. You need to stop messing with salaries until you know what you are doing. People are leaving in droves.. many more to follow unless you go bck to what made us great int he first place. The business is changing.. but what customers need is not changing.

119 Other Employee Reviews for Standard Register (View Most Recent)

The harder you work, the less you are recongnized

Current Employee - CSA
    Current Employee - CSA

I have been working at Standard Register

Pros

great benefits
    flex time available (depending on management)
    family like atmosphere
    aiming towards positive company changes

Cons

*training is lacking; they make new policies daily and nevr properly train the employees
    *compensation is severely lacking; no merit or cost of living raises and new employees start of with higher pay
    *work load increasingly gets out of hand, not because we are getting more work, but because several polies in place make it where we have to double and triple step ourselves
    *communication is broken making it difficult to get a task completed
    *aim is to "take accountability" but only a rare few will actually do so
    *you are expected to help everyone out who gets behind, but if you ask for help, you never receive it
    *offers salaried employees laptops but refused to be consistant on allowing us to work from home

Communicate, communicate, communicate. Offer incentives to increase job satisfaction. We understand times are hard so therefore we don't get raises, but allow us 4 ten hour days or the ability to work from home or or two days a week. With the prices of everything increasing and many of us living outside of 50 miles to get to work and several more having a spouse who lost a job, even that slight bit of an incentive would speak worlds of your respect for your employees. If we aren't in a sales office but in one of the three primary centers, we get screwed, literally.

Aside from monetary compensation, a wholly unsatisfying employee experience.

I worked at Standard Register

Pros

The pay is the only pro I can see these days

Cons

Constant managerial upheaval, lack of employee support, poor training, lack of investment in fundamentals,low employee morale

It is futile, but - generic managers.and supervisors are not equipped to provide the necessary production support in print manufacturing. SR has gotten rid of most of the employees whose knowledge and skill were instrumental to its success in favor of individuals with degrees who know nothing and wish to learn nothing.

There are newer employer reviews for Standard Register