A great place to work!

I have been working at Standard Register

Pros

Don't believe the negative reviews. Standard Register is a great place to work, and is positioned well for future growth. Senior management are friendly and open to ideas from the workforce. The people are incredibly generous, as evidenced by the many charitable activities they are involved in. Salary and benefits are better than anywhere else I have ever worked, and management really cares about work-life balance of employees. The idustry is changing, and rather than ignore the issue, like some companies do, Standard Register is leading the pack in developing solutions for the future. I would highly recommend Standard Register to any prospective employee, customer or investor.

Cons

Not enough local exposure to the amazing things we are doing at Standard Register. The local media rarely covers positive news from this 100 year old local company that employs hundreds of people in the Dayton area.

Advice to Management

Keep building towards the future! We are on the path to success, we just need you to keep us focused on executing the things that will lead to sustainable growth.

reviews filtered by

One of fairest and most ethical companies I've ever worked for

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Standard Register

Pros

Standard Register is an excellent place to work. No, it's not a Silicon Valley startup, but I find the work conditions, compensation and benefits to be more than suitable. The opportunities to make a difference in this company abound, and I've never felt there was an artificial ceiling.

Cons

The company is 100 years old and coming to grips with difficult realities about the changing printing industry and the traditional way it has done business. This has created some significant challenges, but I for one find being a part of that invigorating.

Advice to Management

Lead boldly, surround yourself with positive, competent people and don't be afraid of fundamental transformation.

Great Company and Place To Work - Be Careful of Negative Reviews from "former employees"

I have been working at Standard Register

Pros

I have been at Standard Register for 15 years and have always had opportunities to advance my career. Standard Register is turning the corner on a major company transformation. There are great opportunities for people who are ready to think in new ways and deliver value to customers.

Cons

Like any company in transformation there will be those that are not satisfied with or fear change. Standard Register is making the changes necessary to be relevant to its customers and viable over the long term.

Advice to Management

Continue to transform the company and push the envelop. We have the right solutions and value proposition to grab a major share of the market.