There are newer employer reviews for Standard Register

At times engaging and hopeful but mostly waiting for the next shoe to drop.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

I worked at Standard Register

Pros

The employees at SRC are solid and hard working and if lead will execute.

Cons

Most of the leadership has their hearts in the right place but were hampered by the legacy structure that has undermined and continues to undermine the ability to move forward. Top leadership has unfortunately failed to hold themselves accountable first and foremost and the rest of the company is watching.

Advice to Management

In the past 13 years or so SRC has had endless consultants passing through, Mckinsey, Harvest, Cambridge, Root Learning and Alix at a cost of tens of millions of dollars. The one thing missing is fully executing any of what has been proposed. Parts and pieces don't add up to executing a plan. Decide what you want to be, own it, holding yourself and everyone else accountable and if you succeed it is great but even if you fail you have failed seeing it through. After 100 years the company deserves at least that much from everyone.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. A great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Standard Register

Pros

Don't believe the negative reviews. Standard Register is a great place to work, and is positioned well for future growth. Senior management are friendly and open to ideas from the workforce. The people are incredibly generous, as evidenced by the many charitable activities they are involved in. Salary and benefits are better than anywhere else I have ever worked, and management really cares about work-life balance of employees. The idustry is changing, and rather than ignore the issue, like some companies do, Standard Register is leading the pack in developing solutions for the future. I would highly recommend Standard Register to any prospective employee, customer or investor.

Cons

Not enough local exposure to the amazing things we are doing at Standard Register. The local media rarely covers positive news from this 100 year old local company that employs hundreds of people in the Dayton area.

Advice to Management

Keep building towards the future! We are on the path to success, we just need you to keep us focused on executing the things that will lead to sustainable growth.

One of fairest and most ethical companies I've ever worked for

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Standard Register

Pros

Standard Register is an excellent place to work. No, it's not a Silicon Valley startup, but I find the work conditions, compensation and benefits to be more than suitable. The opportunities to make a difference in this company abound, and I've never felt there was an artificial ceiling.

Cons

The company is 100 years old and coming to grips with difficult realities about the changing printing industry and the traditional way it has done business. This has created some significant challenges, but I for one find being a part of that invigorating.

Advice to Management

Lead boldly, surround yourself with positive, competent people and don't be afraid of fundamental transformation.