Standard TV and Appliance

Run Away

Former Employee - Sales
Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Standard TV and Appliance full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Your fellow salespeople, state of the art stores

Cons

very bad managers, very bad owner, will browbeat you and write you nup at their discretion. Favorites will get away with lots. Owners is insane and the crap rolls downhill from there. 2 hour sales meeting to browbeat you.

Go back to taking care of the customer. That is what your salespeople try to do,,,,,trust them.

Standard TV and Appliance Response

Aug 29, 2014HR Supervisor

As several of our salespeople earn over $100K per year , we provide them with extensive training resources and on very rare occasions those meetings may exceed one hour.

In the long history of the
... More

7 Other Employee Reviews for Standard TV and Appliance (View Most Recent)

Desperate and frightened

I worked at Standard TV and Appliance

Pros

Substantial employee discounts on appliances and electronics. Big company picnic. Other than that, I can't think of any pros to the job. I guess it's better than being unemployed.

Cons

Very negative and paranoid work environment fostered by the owner. Everyone is afraid of him. Employees are not trusted and considered disposable. Work/life balance is an alien concept. Poor compensation.

Replace yourselves!

Hell On Earth.Truly a professional purgatory. Don't know what you did to get there, but pray you move on.

I worked at Standard TV and Appliance full-time

Pros

Discounts on products is about all it has to offer. If you are remodeling you can save alot. The people that work there are actually really quality people. They are the kindest. I think everyone bonds together to get through the tough times - except management.

Cons

The management is run like a fiefdom in the Medieval times. Everyone has Stockholme Syndrome. You can be fired for the slightest reason. HR is a nightmare. They do not support their employees. They serve them up for dinner. It's amazingly unprofessional. It is nothing like the real world at all. It exists in an alternate universe. Management is wholly vindicative and bullies employees every way they can.

Let people do what they are good at and stop interfering hourly. Stop the badgering and fear tactics.

There are newer employer reviews for Standard TV and Appliance

Worked for Standard TV and Appliance? Contribute to the Community!