Stanford Hospital & Clinics
stanfordhospital.org Stanford, CA 5000+ Employees

A positive experience, as I'm well-supported on the clinical side and doing cutting edge science.

Clinical Instructor (Current Employee)
Stanford, CA

I have been working at Stanford Hospital & Clinics

ProsA preeminent institution that is forward thinking, fast moving, exciting, and innovative on the science side--and very solid on the clinical side. I am proud to be a part of the Stanford medical and scientific community.

ConsThe sometimes inefficient workings of an academic medical center can be frustrating for patients to deal with, and it can be awkward to explain this to patients. At Stanford, although patient care is highly valued and is generally at an extremely high level, the focus is on research. Routine medical problems are often more smoothly taken care of at non-academic centers.

Advice to Senior ManagementDoing an excellent job of keeping Stanford at the cutting edge of medicine and science/technology, but need to do more to *quickly* advance the careers of young scientists and physicians. Too many people languish in the instructor position.

Overall, Stanford hospital is a good place to work at.

Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Stanford Hospital & Clinics

Pros: The company has mission, passion and drive to assist patients.… Cons: This is not not on Stanford but my particular position… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Overall, it is a place where you can carry out good research

Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee)
Stanford, CA

I have been working at Stanford Hospital & Clinics

Pros: Decent resources and facilities are available for carrying out research, depending… Cons: For Post-doctoral fellows, we do not get the full staff benefits… Advice to Senior Management: Post-doctoral fellows should be either given the same benefits as students or… More

There are newer reviews on Stanford Hospital & Clinics.

Worked for Stanford Hospital & Clinics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Stanford Hospital & Clinics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Stanford Hospital & Clinics CEO Amir Dan Rubin. All reviews posted anonymously by Stanford Hospital & Clinics employees.