Stanford Hospital & Clinics

www.stanfordhospital.org
  www.stanfordhospital.org
There are newer employer reviews for Stanford Hospital & Clinics

A positive experience, as I'm well-supported on the clinical side and doing cutting edge science.

Current Employee - Clinical Instructor  in  Stanford, CA
Current Employee - Clinical Instructor in Stanford, CA

I have been working at Stanford Hospital & Clinics

Pros

A preeminent institution that is forward thinking, fast moving, exciting, and innovative on the science side--and very solid on the clinical side. I am proud to be a part of the Stanford medical and scientific community.

Cons

The sometimes inefficient workings of an academic medical center can be frustrating for patients to deal with, and it can be awkward to explain this to patients. At Stanford, although patient care is highly valued and is generally at an extremely high level, the focus is on research. Routine medical problems are often more smoothly taken care of at non-academic centers.

Doing an excellent job of keeping Stanford at the cutting edge of medicine and science/technology, but need to do more to *quickly* advance the careers of young scientists and physicians. Too many people languish in the instructor position.

96 Other Employee Reviews for Stanford Hospital & Clinics (View Most Recent)

Overall, Stanford hospital is a good place to work at.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Stanford Hospital & Clinics

Pros

The company has mission, passion and drive to assist patients. Nice compensation compared to other companies.

Cons

This is not not on Stanford but my particular position has limited career advancement.

Overall, it is a place where you can carry out good research

Current Employee - Postdoctoral Fellow  in  Stanford, CA
    Current Employee - Postdoctoral Fellow in Stanford, CA

I have been working at Stanford Hospital & Clinics

Pros

Decent resources and facilities are available for carrying out research, depending on which department you work in. Stanford has good health benefits.

Cons

For Post-doctoral fellows, we do not get the full staff benefits when it is convenient for Stanford, we are categorized as students.

Post-doctoral fellows should be either given the same benefits as students or as staff, not something in between when it is convenient for the school.

There are newer employer reviews for Stanford Hospital & Clinics

Worked for Stanford Hospital & Clinics? Contribute to the Community!