Stanford Hospital & Clinics

www.stanfordhospital.org
  www.stanfordhospital.org
There are newer employer reviews for Stanford Hospital & Clinics

It's a great add to my resume.

I worked at Stanford Hospital & Clinics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Compensation is competitive; if you like 'so busy you can't dive deeper into the problem to resolve the underlying issues but have only enough time to address the symptoms', then SHC is for you.

Cons

Medical benefits package has tanked; no room for advancement; change happens...s l o w l y. The culture seems to be changing, not for the better. Management, as a whole, is not great - poorly/not qualified people in leadership roles.

Less nepotism and more thought about placing qualified people in leadership positions.

96 Other Employee Reviews for Stanford Hospital & Clinics (View Most Recent)

Eh, I've had better

Former Employee - Resident  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Resident in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Stanford Hospital & Clinics full-time

Pros

-Good benefits: medical/dental/vision, use of gym, free Caltrain GoPass and VTA Ecopass, Marguerite shuttle, etc.
    -Other residents are generally nice.
    -Radiology dept is excellent, and happy to teach/show/discuss. Amazing since they area abused with so many unnecessary scans ordered.

Cons

-A lot of wasted resources (but that is the health care system, so you'll get that most places).
    -ER is clinically poor.
    -Defensive medicine galore. Wasted resources.
    -Nursing is overpaid and Stanford cultivates a culture of empowerment for them. Many nice outwardly, but passive/aggressive, and will go way above your head if any issue. Must walk on eggshells around. Difficult to do 24-7-365. This is magnified 100x in the children's hospital.
    -Negativity b/w specialties.
    -Not enough food money. Uh, we work 80hrs a week and don't make any money since we're residents. Think you could spot us some food money? Most hospitals do.
    -Pay too low compared to cost of living in Silicon Valley. Often scraping by.

See above regarding nursing, food, and pay. As for the other cons, that is mostly the healthcare system, or things mgmt can't do anything about.

Fantastic place to work

Current Employee - Postdoctoral Fellow  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Postdoctoral Fellow in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Stanford Hospital & Clinics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It's a beautiful campus with many, many highly motivated and intelligent people to work with. Opportunities to meet and interact with so many great colleagues.

Cons

It's a very intense place if you're a postdoc. Numerous postdocs I know suffer from stress and subsequent health issues. This isn't a place to work if you'd like to come in 9-5

There are newer employer reviews for Stanford Hospital & Clinics

Worked for Stanford Hospital & Clinics? Contribute to the Community!