Stanford Hospital & Clinics
www.stanfordhospital.org Stanford, CA 5000+ Employees

Eh, I've had better

Resident (Former Employee)
Palo Alto, CA

Pros-Good benefits: medical/dental/vision, use of gym, free Caltrain GoPass and VTA Ecopass, Marguerite shuttle, etc.
-Other residents are generally nice.
-Radiology dept is excellent, and happy to teach/show/discuss. Amazing since they area abused with so many unnecessary scans ordered.

Cons-A lot of wasted resources (but that is the health care system, so you'll get that most places).
-ER is clinically poor.
-Defensive medicine galore. Wasted resources.
-Nursing is overpaid and Stanford cultivates a culture of empowerment for them. Many nice outwardly, but passive/aggressive, and will go way above your head if any issue. Must walk on eggshells around. Difficult to do 24-7-365. This is magnified 100x in the children's hospital.
-Negativity b/w specialties.
-Not enough food money. Uh, we work 80hrs a week and don't make any money since we're residents. Think you could spot us some food money? Most hospitals do.
-Pay too low compared to cost of living in Silicon Valley. Often scraping by.

Advice to Senior ManagementSee above regarding nursing, food, and pay. As for the other cons, that is mostly the healthcare system, or things mgmt can't do anything about.

Dysfunctional and bureaucratic IT department

Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Stanford Hospital & Clinics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good benefits and work like balance. Pay is decent for a non-profit.… Cons: Many layers of middle management and many incompetent middle managers. Culture of… Advice to Senior Management: Implement skip level reviews or 360 degree reviews and ferret… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Stanford Medical Center

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Stanford Hospital & Clinics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: A great place for camaraderie and a team-oriented atmosphere. Cons: Occasional hospital-wide pay freezes, and small cost-of-living increases, especially considering the high cost of living in the area. Difficult… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Stanford Hospital & Clinics.

Worked for Stanford Hospital & Clinics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Stanford Hospital & Clinics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Stanford Hospital & Clinics CEO Amir Dan Rubin. All reviews posted anonymously by Stanford Hospital & Clinics employees.