Stanford Hospital & Clinics
www.stanfordhospital.org Stanford, CA 5000+ Employees

Challenging

Laboratory Support Analyst (Current Employee)
Palo Alto, CA

ProsGreat process and adherence to procedural methods. Good leadership. Wonderful, dedicated people to work with. Opportunities to learn are available as is a chance to work on the latest Epic releases. All in all, a very solid and reliable laboratory systems team.

ConsVery intense. Some of the leads are so aggressive they scare people away. Very, very high volume of laboratory orders and results. Downtime causes the worst to come out in some of the leadership. Not quite panic, just overly reactive. Very much micro management at its worst in some departments. Also, some departments always want to blame others for their own lack of initiative.

Advice to Senior ManagementLife, and health care is about people. Don't ever let that fact slip away from what you do. If your employees aren't happy - they will be less productive. If they are stressed out, or stretched too thin, they will make mistakes. It is inevitable.

Lab manager

Lab Manager (Current Employee)
    Stanford, CA

I have been working at Stanford Hospital & Clinics full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: plenty of resources, good opportunity to know colleagues Cons: less salary and working opportunities are limited to government funding… Advice to Senior Management: none Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Dysfunctional and bureaucratic IT department

Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Stanford Hospital & Clinics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good benefits and work like balance. Pay is decent for a non-profit.… Cons: Many layers of middle management and many incompetent middle managers. Culture of… Advice to Senior Management: Implement skip level reviews or 360 degree reviews and ferret… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Stanford Hospital & Clinics.

Worked for Stanford Hospital & Clinics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Stanford Hospital & Clinics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Stanford Hospital & Clinics CEO Amir Dan Rubin. All reviews posted anonymously by Stanford Hospital & Clinics employees.