Stanford University
www.stanford.edu Stanford, CA 5000+ Employees

Great place to work for work-life balane

Palo Alto, CA

ProsLots of variety, work around smart people, beautiful campus, great benefits. Stanford cares about its employees, offering wellness opportunities, lots of transportation alternatives, expects that you have a life outside of work.

ConsNon-profit employer, so lower pay and bonus opportunities. Consensus style management makes decision making a bit slower, although not impossible to get things done.

Great place

Senior Research Associate (Current Employee)
    Stanford, CA

I have been working at Stanford University

Pros: You have flexible hours, scientific freedom, and are surrounded by… Cons: It is very hard to get a permanent position as a PhD scientist (unless you are… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

It was not the most fun job.

Camp Counselor (Former Employee)
    Stanford, CA

I worked at Stanford University

Pros: If you like little kids and being active all day,… Cons: The senior management is extremely disorganized, the work can get… Advice to Senior Management: They should get more organized. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Stanford University.

Worked for Stanford University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Stanford University reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Stanford University CEO John L. Hennessy. All reviews posted anonymously by Stanford University employees.