Stanford University
www.stanford.edu Stanford, CA 5000+ Employees

Good place to work

Web Developer (Current Employee)
Stanford, CA

I have been working at Stanford University full-time for more than 10 years

ProsOne of the best universities in the world, you contribute to a great mission of education and research. Great benefits -- vacation, medical & dental, 403b retirement plan, access to use campus facilities, and a beautiful working environment on campus.

ConsExpensive cost of living in area, below market salaries for technology positions. The university can be slow to acknowledge exceptional performance with salary increases and promotions.

Faculty member

Professor (Current Employee)
Stanford, CA

I have been working at Stanford University full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Great physical space and environment. World class reputation. Abundant resources… Cons: Very status conscious culture. Political. Advice to Senior Management: Could make better choices in terms of leaders of schools… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Overall good company to work for! Administrative Associates are not paid well.

Administrative Associate (Current Employee)
Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Stanford University full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: -Employee benefits -Commute Incentives -Educational Funds -Beautiful campus -Great Events Cons: -Hiring relatives or friends for open positions is very common. No selection process in place. In turn, depts end up with inexperienced employees.… Advice to Senior Management: Stop hiring inexperienced family members and friends! Let's hire qualified applicants. HR needs to enforce the selection process. How will Stanford continue… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Stanford University.

Worked for Stanford University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Stanford University reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Stanford University CEO John L. Hennessy. All reviews posted anonymously by Stanford University employees.