Stanford University

www.stanford.edu

Join Stanford -- it's a great place to work

Administrative Associate (Current Employee) Stanford, CA

Pros(1) Environment -- physically, you have space to enjoy the outdoors and take in the beautiful campus. On another level, you are working in an environment where cutting-edge research/knowledge is produced and shared, making what you do all that more meaningful (2) Work life balance -- by 5pm, you are done and no need to worry about work when you get home. (3) Benefits -- you have free use of the gym and libraries, even for your spouse. There is a lot of support to help you maintain balance in your life, whether it is to be more healthy, or to take care of your aging parents. You also have a set amount of money to spend for your own career development (roughly $800/year). (4) People -- in the academic environment, people are more laid back than the corporate world.

ConsBureaucracy -- it can take a while to navigate the various sytems (especially financial systems) to accomplish what you want to do. It at times can feel like I work for the government as things churn much slower than would be at a for-profit corporation. Many of the systems also don't integrate well, and much productive time is lost waiting for the data to be produced from online queries.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave more reviews and transparencies on how each pay-grade levels are defined so employees know how to navigate the career paths.

Great place, wish it was in a large city.

Graduate Student (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Stanford University

Pros: Self motivated environment and great weather. Cons: Not in a large city. Advice to Senior Management: Increase size of graduate student body to facilitate a larger… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Stanford is a place to start your career.

Graduate Student (Current Employee) Stanford, CA

I have been working at Stanford University

Pros: Flexibility, name recognition for future employment. Cons: Location, it is expensive to live here. Advice to Senior Management: To some individuals, to take the appropriate amount of time… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Stanford University.

Worked for Stanford University? Contribute to the Community!