There are newer employer reviews for Stanford University

I have been happy with my job at Stanford.

Current Employee - Technician  in  Stanford, CA
Current Employee - Technician in Stanford, CA

I have been working at Stanford University full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I am happy with the benefits.

Cons

Evaluation of managers need to improve.

Ask about the performance of managers from their crew without the managers presence.

706 Other Employee Reviews for Stanford University (View Most Recent)

Stanford is wonderful. The best place I have ever been.

Current Employee - Research Scientist  in  Stanford, CA
    Current Employee - Research Scientist in Stanford, CA

I have been working at Stanford University full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great environment for any one who devoted her/his life to research and knowledge, in general. The place to be if you want to do great research and be immersed in the intense intellectual life. One of the cross-roads of so many lines of thought and scientific directions. Here you are involved in the cutting-edge research, have a chance to interact with best of the best - Stanford own and world-wide.

Cons

Shares all common problems of science and research - lack of funding, projects ending due to lack of support.
    The new buildings are not well-suited for research and teaching, as weird as it sounds. The lab and office space is scarce, for the sake of huge atrium and other LEED features and amenities.

Listen to the lower management, faculty, and researchers. Those people have their boots on the ground, do not ignore them.

A very interesting place to work, with great benefits and a lively campus atmosphere.

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Stanford, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Stanford, CA

I have been working at Stanford University full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits and access to campus facilities, including library, dining, athletics and fitness programs. Also access to some campus courses and training programs. Stanford also has a progressive transportation program, providing incentives for alternative commutes, including free passes for Caltrain and local bus networks.

Cons

Although it's a beautiful campus, it's a large campus to get around, so be prepared to coordinate shuttle buses, walk, or ride a bike.

There are newer employer reviews for Stanford University

Worked for Stanford University? Contribute to the Community!