Stanford University
www.stanford.edu Stanford, CA 5000+ Employees

Clinical Research Coordinator

Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee)

I worked at Stanford University full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLots of perks-free train and bus transportation from the South Bay (VTA, Caltrain) and SamTrans. Lots of fun and free events and focus on staying healthy. Some sporting events tickets (Stanford games). Some money allotted to use for continuing edcuation classes at Stanford.

ConsLittle room for growth in salary or rank for positions like this (Unless you get more education). They are also understaffed and disorganized and many studies are a bit chaotic. Plan on juggling more than 10 active studies at once. Little to no training for the position itself.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut in place some sort of training procedures for the actual position in order to maintain consistent service to the sponsors/CROs and thus better research quality.

Stanford is wonderful. The best place I have ever been.

Research Scientist (Current Employee)
Stanford, CA

I have been working at Stanford University full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great environment for any one who devoted her/his life to research and knowledge, in general. The place to be if you want to do great… Cons: Shares all common problems of science and research - lack of funding, projects ending due to lack of support. The new buildings are not well-suited… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to the lower management, faculty, and researchers. Those people… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

I have been happy with my job at Stanford.

Technician (Current Employee)

I have been working at Stanford University full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: I am happy with the benefits. Cons: Evaluation of managers need to improve. Advice to Senior Management: Ask about the performance of managers from their crew without… More

There are newer reviews on Stanford University.

Worked for Stanford University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Stanford University reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Stanford University CEO John L. Hennessy. All reviews posted anonymously by Stanford University employees.