Stanford University
www.stanford.edu Stanford, CA 5000+ Employees

I was a software developer at a subsidiary of the Stanford Libraries.

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Palo Alto, CA

ProsThe retirement benefits are excellent. Some of the perks are really nice. If you happen to work on campus, I understand that the professional development is excellent.

ConsUnfortunately, if you don't happen to work on campus, the professional development is nonexistent. Our management did nothing to invest in our careers or skills. As a result, the longer anyone worked there, the further behind their skill set slipped.

Great place to work but little on-campus career opportunities for non-tenure track staff

Staff Scientist (Former Employee)
    Stanford, CA

I worked at Stanford University full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Bright people and interesting research projects, beautiful walkable campus, a lot of dining and recreation opportunities, 24 vacation days per year starting second year… Cons: Despite enormous endowment administration is not willing to invest university money into research infrastructure, waiting for grant funding which has been abysmal in past few… Advice to Senior Management: Invest more money into development of shared research facilities and do better job… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Assistant Professorship, challenging but rewarding and energizing experience

Assistant Professor (Former Employee)
    Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Stanford University full-time for more than a year

Pros: Culture, weather, friendliness, benefits, mentorship, resources Cons: Salaries, high cost of living Advice to Senior Management: Increase salaries by about 25% Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Stanford University.

Worked for Stanford University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Stanford University reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Stanford University CEO John L. Hennessy. All reviews posted anonymously by Stanford University employees.