Stanford University
www.stanford.edu Stanford, CA 5000+ Employees

Great benefits, intelligent colleagues, independent thinkers

Stanford, CA

ProsBest part of working at Stanford is the company of intellectuals and access to the best thinkers and researchers in the country/world. The benefits are great-- after the first year, there's more retirement benefits, and very generous health care and transport options. Stanford looks out for the well-being (physical and mental) health of their employees.

ConsMy immediate supervisor is not the best manager as he came through the ranks of research-- he's a great thinker/researcher, but doesn't know how to delegate or give useful feedback. The PI for the project is great-- very caring and looks out for his staff/grad students.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor the middle managers-- more training on how to manage teams and give productive feedback.

Good place to work

Stanford, CA

I have been working at Stanford University full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Beautiful campus. Time to work out in the day Nice people Ability to take free classes right here on campus Tons of places to eat on campus Stanford pays… Cons: For the bay area, you don't earn that much money. In my opinion, that's the only con. Obviously you won't get… Advice to Senior Management: Share the wealth. Give some bonuses! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great

Research Assistant (Current Employee)
    Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Stanford University part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Fellow employees are very nice. Cons: At times the work can be slow. Advice to Senior Management: Nothing great people Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Stanford University.

Worked for Stanford University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Stanford University reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Stanford University CEO John L. Hennessy. All reviews posted anonymously by Stanford University employees.