Stanford University
www.stanford.edu Stanford, CA 5000+ Employees

Great Value

PhD Student (Former Employee)
Palo Alto, CA

ProsThe name of the university can get you anywhere and is internationally impressive. Many funding and resource opportunities, and a generally supportive environment from peers. Campus is so beautiful and proximity to stores and restaurants is great.

ConsYour individual experience really depends on your department and mentors. Everyone is really brilliant and driven, so at first (if you're a student), it may be intimidating--just stay motivated and confident!

Great place to work

Outreach Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Stanford, CA

I have been working at Stanford University part-time for more than 8 years

Pros: You definitely feel like you are part of something great when you look at all the research and innovation going on around you. Always so… Cons: Some dysfunction in groups and administration, but that is common everywhere. Parking and getting to buildings in the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

discrimination

Assistant Professor (Current Employee)
    Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Stanford University full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Stanford Spends a HUGE amount of money and effort in self-promoting and advertising. So You… Cons: Long history of discrimination that still continues. Stanford knows they have their lawyers stacked high and whoever they discriminate does not have the money, the… Advice to Senior Management: STOP discrimination. Shame on you. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Stanford University.

Worked for Stanford University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Stanford University reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Stanford University CEO John L. Hennessy. All reviews posted anonymously by Stanford University employees.