Stanford University
www.stanford.edu Stanford, CA 5000+ Employees

discrimination

Assistant Professor (Current Employee)
Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Stanford University full-time for more than 5 years

ProsStanford Spends a HUGE amount of money and effort in self-promoting and advertising. So You can use their name as a stepping stone to find a better job somewhere else.

ConsLong history of discrimination that still continues. Stanford knows they have their lawyers stacked high and whoever they discriminate does not have the money, the time, or the lengthy battle to put in to defend themselves. So they see no reason why they should not continue to abuse us. Oh, Stanford will not hesitate to USE you, to show they have hired women. They will showcase you and your exciting work to their private donnors, then they will take the money from the donnors. YOu will never see any of it, and when they are done milking donnors using you, they will replace you and the process continues. Stanford has done a tremendous job pilling money and milking every penny out of donnors. They either know tough times are ahead or this is what they do every ten years and the am here to see the cycle. I have been to ivy league school on the east coast. I have never seen to much money be poured into self-promotion. So If you are at a phase in your carreer that you can use the recognition of the school, then it is good to plan on working there to use their strongest advantage (name brand) . Then plan on getting out of there. I am assuming that Stanford's outlook for the near future has to be good. What else will they do with all the piles of money they have raised (Other than more branding)?

Advice to Senior ManagementSTOP discrimination. Shame on you.

Good employer with good pay and rock solid reputation!

Student Worker (Former Employee)
Stanford, CA

I worked at Stanford University part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Competitive and Stable Pay Ranges Benefits are good for Full-Time positions Cons: Work can be a bit repetitive Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Stanford is HUGE. Your experience will depend on where you land.

Stanford, CA

I have been working at Stanford University full-time for more than a year

Pros: As an institution, Stanford provides great perks. Decent benefits, although not all are fully covered and I've been spoiled at other jobs. Many opportunities for… Cons: I've heard many people complain that the pay is not competitive. Inequity across departments. Each department seems to be run like its own mini-business, and… Advice to Senior Management: Invest in manager training. Require more of it. Make sure managers know the laws that pertain to their specific department very well. The anti-harassment training… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Stanford University.

Worked for Stanford University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Stanford University reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Stanford University CEO John L. Hennessy. All reviews posted anonymously by Stanford University employees.