Stanford University

www.stanford.edu

Stanford - Pay Attention to Your Staff

Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsOverall it is a stimulating intellectual environment where there is a lot of neat research, scientific development, advanced education, and cultural / community events.

ConsFaculty and executives are treated differently than staff. They get high pay and some lucrative perks that are not available to staff. There is a disconnect between management and staff; some managers are not in tune with what their staff do.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay is the best way to recognize and reward the staff that run your departments and programs. Low and zero pay increases are big dis-motivators. Eliminating one high level administrator position can save half-a-dozen staff jobs.

Great place to research and study

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Stanford, CA

I worked at Stanford University

Pros: Stanford is an incubator of ideas and breeds quality academics, professionals and… Cons: Stanford has been around for a long time, so there's no surprise… Advice to Senior Management: Keep on doing what you're doing. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

clinical research

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Stanford University

Pros: Everyone is driven, hard working, and intelligent. Cons: Different departments do not communicate to well. This results… Advice to Senior Management: Try to create a more cohesive work environment. Encourage people… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Stanford University.

Worked for Stanford University? Contribute to the Community!