Stanford University
www.stanford.edu Stanford, CA 5000+ Employees

It is what you make it.

Research Data Analyst (Current Employee)
Stanford, CA

I have been working at Stanford University full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat benefits & access to Stanford resources e.g., professional development resources, BeWell health initiatives, CalTrain GOPass, etc.

ConsLimited career progression i.e., promotion into a higher-level position. Salary is bounded based on position so with lack of promotion opportunities, ceiling is much lower than in industry and is often hit.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncreasing bureaucracy e.g., re-vamped but more convoluted performance evaluation system.

Great place to work at

Basic Life Science Research Associate (Current Employee)
Stanford, CA

I have been working at Stanford University full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: In general there's great benefits, smart people and great perks such as free… Cons: The potential for growth is limited like in any academic environment. Also, for the same… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Title

I have been working at Stanford University

Pros: Opportunity to interact with professors and MBA, PhD students. Great… Cons: Sometimes work can get repetitive. As a full time student,… More

There are newer reviews on Stanford University.

Worked for Stanford University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Stanford University reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Stanford University CEO John L. Hennessy. All reviews posted anonymously by Stanford University employees.