Stanford University
www.stanford.edu Stanford, CA 5000+ Employees

Overall great place to work

Program Coordinator (Current Employee)
Palo Alto, CA

Pros- Passionate, vibrant community
- Many fun and engaging opportunities on campus
- Beautiful work surroundings
- Flexible schedule in comparison to private sector
- Lots of vacation/pto time
- Overall high quality of co-workers

Cons- There is high turnover in my department as the staff salaries are not competitive enough to keep highly qualified people around. Also, there seems to be quite a few high level management and many lower level administrators, but not enough mid-level positions available. This makes it much more challenging to promote from within and many coworkers leave to other departments for professional growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a department hierarchy where qualified staff have the opportunity to be promoted from within. Keep staff salaries competitive so we don't have such a high turnover rate.

Good job if you're right for it

Research Assistant (Former Employee)
    Stanford, CA

I worked at Stanford University

Pros: - Incredible resources - Very little "red tape" or bureaucracy compared to… Cons: (These refer to being a graduate research assistant) - No benefits (at all). - Extremely low pay; salary is similar to schools like Univ. of Illinois, but… Advice to Senior Management: - Make housing *much* more affordable - Improve benefits (at least *some* assistance with dental, etc. Nobody I know gets their… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Review

Stanford, CA

I have been working at Stanford University

Pros: Location, weather, people, compensation and work. Cons: High Expectations, thats all really.. nothing else Advice to Senior Management: None Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Stanford University.

Worked for Stanford University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Stanford University reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Stanford University CEO John L. Hennessy. All reviews posted anonymously by Stanford University employees.