Stanley Black & Decker
www.stanleyblackanddecker.com New Britain, CT 5000+ Employees

Large company with lots of avenues for growth

Field Marketing (Current Employee)
Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Stanley Black & Decker

ProsGreat work schedules, able to balance home and work life, great people to work with in company. If you get stuck in one area, the company is so big you can transfer to a different business unit and continue to maintain your seniority. Management is happy to mold employees in the direction the employees want. The benefits are average for the size of the industry.

ConsAs with any place, you can run into people who are negative about the company and the job. With the current housing market, the company had to make some tough moves in the past few years but are still strong.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper Management will do well to show the front line employees that they matter - it will go a long way

Interesting opportunities, but be prepared to have little Work / Life balance.

Supply Planner (Current Employee)
Towson, MD

I have been working at Stanley Black & Decker

Pros: I am so thankful that middle management saw my potential… Cons: We are extremely lean and understaffed. There is no indication… Advice to Senior Management: Arrogance abounds at the executive level of CDIY. It is… More

it was a little boring

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Lake Forest, CA

I worked at Stanley Black & Decker

Pros: big name with good recognition. good starter job for those new to the… Cons: the pay is below what you can make at other companies. after the… Advice to Senior Management: the bean counting needed to stop. as a result of constant… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Stanley Black & Decker.

Worked for Stanley Black & Decker? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Stanley Black & Decker reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Stanley Black & Decker CEO John F. Lundgren. All reviews posted anonymously by Stanley Black & Decker employees.