Stanley Black & Decker

www.stanleyblackanddecker.com

Great company to work for

Former Employee - Market Manager  in  Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Market Manager in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Great management, benefits and perks. I got to travel a ton and meet a lot of great people. Super good exposure to a public company. Had a sweet 2008 Silverado. Learned a lot about account management.

Cons

Lower pay than I wanted. It seemed like you had to play the 'game' to move up. I wanted to apply for a field sales role and my national sales manager said no because I had only been in my current position for 18 months. That should not be a factor in applying for a position.

Offer a better comp plan based on individual success.

Other reviews for Stanley Black & Decker

Tons of work, little pay, small pay increases, little regard for employees

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Towson, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Pros

Large company, decent benefits
    Decent product lines, although the reputation is quickly diminishing
    Great coworkers for the most part, but the good ones are starting to realize that they will make much more elsewhere

Cons

The company and management truly have no regard for employees as people. Two layoffs in the last year have proven that they are money hungry and push profit above all else, including product quality.
    You will not get your first raise until at least 2 years after you start. You get a yearly performance review and the raise attached to that does not come for 12-16 months after, and the raise will be 6% at most, if you are lucky.
    In all areas of the company, they are cutting people and expecting more work to get done. This makes the company look terrible with shoddy products, little to no inventory, and overworked bitter salespeople.

A Company that is going places

Pros

Company and the employees are driven to succeed...high level of accoutability and huge opportunities for those who take it on.

Cons

Trying to balance all of the work to be done

There are newer employer reviews for Stanley Black & Decker.

Worked for Stanley Black & Decker? Contribute to the Community!