There are newer employer reviews for Stantec

Too bad we were taken over by this company

Current Employee - Engineer in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Engineer in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

I still have a job

Cons

Just about everything, I was stripped of so many good benefits from Jacques Whitford, that I feel cold and barely dressed

Advice to Management

They would not listen anyway

Other Employee Reviews for Stantec

1. average for the industry

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Pros

able to work independently with peers

Cons

local leadership was not good for the company

Advice to Management

more communications from the top which was non-existent

Watch The movie Office Space. This is your new life.

Current Employee - Architect in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Architect in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

A large variety of industries make up Stantec, giving you the opportunity to work with specialist outside your typical architecure firm.

Cons

The top 5: 1. You will be responsible to get your own work. Yes, EVERYONE. (minus the front desk)The management who used to do that will no longer be responsible for it. Your on your own brother. 2. Utilization. This number will be assigned to you on how directly billable you need to be. Fall below that number and you get a black dot. Seriously. Proposals dont count either. 3. Stantec's fees are very high for clients. Those clients you may have before the merger will find someone else. 4. Redtape. Its long, very long. In a crunch? Need something fixed or installed!? Take a number and wait. Stantec is a public company and is very regimented. If you have a 1 or 2 bosses now, expect 6 to 8. 5. Collaboration. Nope. If you need to have work performed outside your office (aka profit center), prepare to pay. You might as well out source to a 3rd party. Its probably cheaper and more rewarding. Bonus comment: sorry, on a ripper. Obviously, I am un-happy with my aquisition. Stantec destroyed a very beautiful progressive firm for the short gain of the stockholders. Anything exciting about my work and my co-workers is all gone now. We went from 200 employees to 30 in just our office. Not because we are bad business people, BUT because we serviced our firm and other offices. Collaboration does not exist in Stantec. They will nickle and dime you to death. Forget Apple, you are now the GM of architecure.

Advice to Management

Passion counts. Stop working so hard to not work. Your not fooling anyone