Stantec

www.stantec.com
  www.stantec.com
There are newer employer reviews for Stantec

OK as far as Engineering Consulting firms go.

I have been working at Stantec full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Generally the company is well organized on the HR front. Decent (not great) benefits. Average Pay. There are good opportunities for the 'right' people. Stantec has the ability to grab high profile projects due to it's diversified service offerings. If you happen to be on one of those projects, then life is grand at Stantec.

Cons

Engineering consulting firms are, in my opinion, crappy places for engineers to work. Better to seek out work from the consulting firm's customers - even if the pay is lower, the job security and work opportunities are better. Stantec stands to lose a lot of business as they are not integrating their PC's rapidly enough. As other reviewers have pointed out, the Profit Centre organizational model is killing their business and puts up walls between offices that don't need to exist. Also, as other reviewers have noted, shortly after acquisition, mostly younger managers put in high positions - I would have preferred to see some older people with some wisdom and patience running the show. Also you are expected to get your own work as a PM, which is not entirely a bad thing. I found their rates to be too high for many customers and could be potentially pricing themselves out of certain markets.

Integrate PC's faster. Should be a top priority. Evaluate and potentially eliminate the PC model.

189 Other Employee Reviews for Stantec (View Most Recent)

Intern

I have been working at Stantec

Pros

casual environment, friendly workers, not too much pressure

Cons

Boring, redundant, nothing to do half the time

As one co-worker put it "One company, infinite egos"

I worked at Stantec

Pros

OK salary, good benefits
    Big company
    Maybe good if you're an engineer

Cons

As one co-worker put it, it's more like "One company, infinite egos". I was brought in as a intermediate/senior environmental specialist and was put onto projects I had no experience with, given no real training, and kept on being told incomplete information about projects I was given to work on, making me look the fool in front of clients. After becoming one of the top employees in three years at my previous company, I was "let go" after less than a year. A demotivating company.

Get people to work within their skillsets, and train them into senior roles

There are newer employer reviews for Stantec