Stantec

www.stantec.com

I wish they hadn't bought my company

Architect (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsThey are big. Wait, is that a pro?

ConsWhen it comes to design and architecture, they have the worst organization format you can think of. They are publicly traded so it's all about growing and getting bigger, fatter, more inefficient, less effective, more expensive. And, clients DO notice. After the merge we lost all our loyal clients, we got too big for them. And not big enough to fetch bigger clients. 70% of the staff has left since the merger. Before then we hadn't lost more than 10% in 5 years.
I still remember how HR landed after the merger telling us that "Nothing will change. Staff is our more important asset". It isn't. Within 2 years you couldn't find a happy face in the office.

Advice to Senior ManagementTell the truth to the staff (you are 1 of 12,000 now. Stuff will change, not always for the best). Listen to the local offices. Free them from your bureaucracy.
DO NOT fire managers or principals.

Too bad we were taken over by this company

Engineer (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Stantec

Pros: I still have a job Cons: Just about everything, I was stripped of so many good… Advice to Senior Management: They would not listen anyway No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

average for the industry

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Sacramento, CA

I worked at Stantec

Pros: able to work independently with peers Cons: local leadership was not good for the company Advice to Senior Management: more communications from the top which was non-existent No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Stantec.

Worked for Stantec? Contribute to the Community!