There are newer employer reviews for Stantec

WORST OFFICE anybody could work in! Regional leadership is a wreck!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Stantec

Pros

1. A handful of smart, hardworking, junior-level staff that work dilligently despite being severely underpaid with little to no chance of growth and development. 2. The architecture department.

Cons

If you love being discouraged from working hard and being reprimanded and punished for going above and beyond, then this is the perfect place for you. Otherwise, stay away! If you are ambitious, intelligent, and hardworking, this is seen as a threat to the completely incompetent management, and you will be forced out whether by choice or not. The lack of professionalism in this office is unbelievable for a company of this size. Do not expect your voice to be heard here; do not expect anyone to value hard work and intellect. This place is an utter disgrace compared to the rest of the local consulting community. The other reviews for this office are spot on; listen to the numbers!

Advice to Management

Think about what is best for the future of the organization and not just the current state. If you want the company to succeed, you need to invest in the future and stop worrying about your oversized paycheck. Most importantly, put others above yourself since all the people below you are keeping the place afloat.

reviews filtered by

I wish they hadn't bought my company

Former Employee - Architect in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Architect in Washington, DC

I worked at Stantec full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They are big. Wait, is that a pro?

Cons

When it comes to design and architecture, they have the worst organization format you can think of. They are publicly traded so it's all about growing and getting bigger, fatter, more inefficient, less effective, more expensive. And, clients DO notice. After the merge we lost all our loyal clients, we got too big for them. And not big enough to fetch bigger clients. 70% of the staff has left since the merger. Before then we hadn't lost more than 10% in 5 years.
    I still remember how HR landed after the merger telling us that "Nothing will change. Staff is our more important asset". It isn't. Within 2 years you couldn't find a happy face in the office.

Advice to Management

Tell the truth to the staff (you are 1 of 12,000 now. Stuff will change, not always for the best). Listen to the local offices. Free them from your bureaucracy.
    DO NOT fire managers or principals.

Loved my company until we were bought by Stantec, now im trying to find a new job and get away from Scamtec

Current Employee - Senior Environmental Scientist in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Environmental Scientist in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Stantec full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

-Most of the people are great

Cons

-Required to join a fitness tracking program to get reduced insurance rates. Problem I have is that the reduced rates are twice as high as when i was with my old company which was purchased by Stantec.
    -Only 5 sick days, doesnt work if you have kids. Im use to 10.
    -The utilization requirements are ridiculus! I'm management and expected to have 93% utilizations.
    -Safety program is a joke.

Advice to Management

-Treat your employee's better! When you buy companies don't make them feel like their the red-headed step-child of the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Stantec