Stantec

www.stantec.com
  www.stantec.com
There are newer employer reviews for Stantec

Excellent with good growth opportunity

I have been working at Stantec

Pros

It's a great place to work and I love it there.

Cons

leadership is too rigid, some travel req'd.

190 Other Employee Reviews for Stantec (View Most Recent)

Excellent Place to work at

Former Employee - Senior Mechanical Engineer in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Former Employee - Senior Mechanical Engineer in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I worked at Stantec full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Freedom to innovate
    meet highly talented people
    working on mega size projects

Cons

Salary & Package are below market average

PC Structure is creating divisions

I have been working at Stantec full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- Good benefits package
    - Growing company
    - Great people to work with

Cons

- The "PC structure" (profit center) of the company
    - No room for advancement
    - Compensation (relative to other companies in the same industry)
    - Force you to use your vacation time at Christmas holidays

- PC Structure: Even though you are trying to do away with the whole PC structure of the company, it is creating divisions and those divisions and animosity isnt going away. The whole concept of "One Stantec" sounds good but take actual steps to work towards it.
    - Career advancement: I have not worked in another company where moving from one position to another was so difficult. It is almost impossible. Its the same company, and the management should be taking steps to make the transition as smooth as possible. But because of the differences and politics between different PCs, this is difficult and Stantec is losing good people.What is the point in spending $20K to recruit a candidate when you can find one within the company?
    - Compensation: When employees identify compensation as a number one issue in the employee survey, that says something. Dont try to postpone the issue at hand by saying HR is working on it. I have seen that happen in the last 3 years that I have been a part of this company. And please, actually take action based on the employee survey rather than doing surveys just for the sake of doing it.
    - Christmas: Dont force employees to use their vacation times and banked time during Christmas. It is unfair for those who dont get to earn banked time. Not all of us work in the field.

There are newer employer reviews for Stantec