There are newer employer reviews for Staples

Staples is a great place to work, in a fun environment, with a great team!

Former Employee - Cashier in Canton, GA
Former Employee - Cashier in Canton, GA

I worked at Staples

Pros

This was my summer job as a college student, and they worked with my summer schedule, and allowed me to make my own hours so I could take vacations. Staples was very accommodating. The people I worked with were great and the tone management set for everyone was relaxed. We got our work done but had a lot of fun doing the work.

Cons

During Back-to-School events, I felt the overnights were unnecessarily long and pointless. If they had created a very specific schedule or spreadsheet of each person's duties the night would have been shorter and things would have gotten done faster.

Be more organized during back-to-school events, also know the hours of operation of most restaurants and get food ordered before everything closes for the employees staying for overnight organization of BTS

2098 Other Employee Reviews for Staples (View Most Recent)

The End Is Near in Broomfield-Get Out Now!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Staples

Pros

Strong Company
    Market Leader
    Financially Stable
    Brand Recognition

Cons

Former Corporate Express employees are treated like red headed step children by HQ.
        When was the last time Staples invested any money in systems upgrades? AS400 based
    system? You must be kidding. Corporate Express was always on the cutting edge of technology.
    Just go ahead and retire the CE system and keep that dinosaur Staples system. Why? Because
    anything Corporate Express is to be gotten rid of even if it is better than what Staples is currently using.
        Staples lets employees go one day under the pretense of consolidation. Then the day after the layoffs the same job titles are posted as new positions. Don't more people around. Just lay everybody off. Make them reapply for the same positions under another manager for less money. That's ethical? No,that's just bad business.
       All Staples cares about is the almighty buck. People are just numbers here. We don't have names or faces, let alone feelings. Gotta pay off that debt for buying Corporate Express. That's all that matters.
        Benefits suck. Don't get sick or injured. You'll be paying off your portion of the bills for the next 2 years. What are we having money deducted from our checks for? This is medical coverage?
        The overall atmosphere in Broomfield is one of fear. Nobody knows if their department is the next one to be hit with layoffs. Is their job going to be there tomorrow? You talk to someone from another department one day and the next day you see them standing by the elevators with a pile of boxes. What a joy to come to work. There is absolutely no trust here. We are told one thing and exactly the opposite is what happens. Noboby believes anything anymore. It's all a pack of lies.
       Almost everyone is actively looking for another job. We are being selective. We figure we have another 18 months before everyone is laid off. The staff will just get smaller and smaller as each
    department is shuttered and moved up to HQ. Some people are going to just wait and take the
    severence. The packages aren't worth waiting for. I know plenty of former employees that received
    them already. I hope I have another job soon, very soon.
       Do yourself a favor and run, don't walk, in the opposite direction of the Staples-Broomfield building.
    Ignore the job postings and move on to other companies. If you are desperate and near the end of
    your unemployment go for it. Desperation should be the only motivation to apply for a job here.
    Keep in mind it will be short term employment. There is no future here.

Just be honest. We all know that in the end Staples-Broomfield will be closed. My guess is that
    Staples-Englewood NJ will be too. There won't be any corporate level positions in any location
    except Framingham. We suspected that when Corporate Express was bought out by Staples.
    Every reorg. just makes it more and more obvious. Former CE employees are not the enemy.
    You are just throwing away people with many, many years of experience in the industry. Your
    loss, not ours. All in the name of superiority and pure arrogance. I hope you have a company lined
    up to lease the building when we are all gone. You own it. Nobody is going to buy it.

Not worth your time.

Current Employee - Cashier in Riverdale, UT
    Current Employee - Cashier in Riverdale, UT

I have been working at Staples

Pros

Meet new people, points rewards and flexible schedule.

Cons

They have a lot of quotas and put it on the employees which brings a lot of stress and pressure but don't pay enough for what they expect and demand. Managers don't address obvious problems and do not give appreciation where it's deserved.

Try watching how your employees address customers and in the manner they prioritize and spend their work time. Also minimize gossip and drama and give your employees incentive to work for you. Something to look forward to.

There are newer employer reviews for Staples