Staples

Overall, Great Fair Company thats always changing

Current Employee - Sales Specialist
Current Employee - Sales Specialist

I have been working at Staples

Pros

Staples is focused on growth

Cons

only apply to one internal job per 6 months

2148 Other Employee Reviews for Staples (View Most Recent)

Manager

I have been working at Staples

Pros

Friendly, conveniant, accomodating, benefits, pay

Cons

Sometimes communicTion is terrible among yore mamagemet

questionable future....

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Staples

Pros

reasonable salary, good amount of time off and reasonable with requests for time off. I have to say that despite any gripes, I have to say I will be leaving this company a better, more capable person than I was when I joined it.

Cons

bad hours, will work 7-5 one day then 12-10 the next although i suppose thats retail. Corporate doesn't seem to have any idea about the actual operation of the stores and gives out way too much busy work and compliance tasks. Many of the company leaders have not worked in the stores in decades.

Listen to your people, get in the stores and see how they are actually run and what the daily process is like. Don't just visit once a year and believe that thats what a store looks and runs like. Also, pay your people better, you say you care so show it, these people are the ones on the front line making it happen everyday and raises are at times a joke, like not even the cost of living increase kind of joke(which would be fine if the company was suffering like some others, but its not). Corporate leaders need to do what they say, we get hyped up about great changes that never actually happen. do what you say you are going to do, and do the right thing by your people.

There are newer employer reviews for Staples