Staples
2.9 of 5 1,801 reviews
www.staples.com Framingham, MA 5000+ Employees

A decent job.

Furniture Associate (Current Employee)
Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

ProsIt's an enjoyable work atmosphere. Good people, lots of fun at times. It's different on a day to day basis. I work in Furniture and it changes daily. Customers are pretty good. We have a lot of business customers who are regulars, and we have relatively few stupid people come through. Management is doing a pretty good job. It's challenging and physically demanding, and I like that. Working in the back putting away furniture or pulling stuff for deliveries is good times. Most of the associates seem to know what's going on, and what they need to do. I have few complaints.

ConsHow much we get paid is abysmal. I work like a horse and am only making 9 dollars, though there's employees who do nothing who have been there for a long time who get 10. The raises are tiny, and based only on length of employment then effort put in. Management doesn't always seem to understand that we live off this job, and has no problem cutting hours when sales are down. They then blame the associates for the lack of sales and add ons. There's also very little praise when a good job is done, but lots of chastising when a bad one is.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop raising prices.

Staples is an ok place to work.

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Red Deer, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Staples

Pros: Staples has great people who are always looking to joke around and make the best out of the day. Managers are very understanding with… Cons: Some customers are very rude, and probably the worst thing about working at Staples. This is probably the case at any store, however. … Advice to Senior Management: Doing a good job Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Flexible Scheduling at the cost of PERKS

Associate (Current Employee)
    Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Staples

Pros: They do BackCheck so it shows you're a clean, law abiding citizen. Customer Service… Cons: Min wage but expected to do a lot other than sell warranties - stocking, janitorial, cash register, etc. Associates from different depts. frequently cross over… Advice to Senior Management: The cleanup crew you hire probably have a great time sitting around doing nothing because you make the associates do the… More
There are newer reviews on Staples.

Worked for Staples? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Staples reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Staples CEO Ron Sargent. All reviews posted anonymously by Staples employees.