Staples

www.staples.com

Nobody wants a Staples Warranty Plan. Just accept it Staples.

Easy Tech Associate (Former Employee)

ProsHours were decent and the schedules were accommodating. The Easy Tech Bonuses were sometimes really good. Managers were very supportive and recognized if you did a good job.

ConsForced to sell a number of "Staples" Warranty Plans. Were constantly scrutinized if you could not achieve that goal. It gets stressful to work in an environment where your job performance is threatened by the number of unnecessary plans you have sold. Training should be improved. Not everything can be learned by reading an online module. A lot of the common knowledge that should have been known was never taught nor mentioned by the managers. There was always only one Easy Tech associate per shift. This resulted in very stressful shifts because most of the customers needed help in buying a new computer or needed an Easy Tech service.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop putting so much emphasis on the Staples Warranty Plans. The selling goals were unrealistic especially because there were other aspects of the job that needed to be fulfilled. One must consider the current economic status of the country and the fact that customers do not want pay an extra one hundred dollars for an eight hundred dollar laptop. Do not hold us accountable for their personal choice. Above all else, do not threaten our job and dampen our job performance review because of it.

A decent job.

Furniture Associate (Current Employee) Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

I have been working at Staples

Pros: It's an enjoyable work atmosphere. Good people, lots of fun at times. It's different on a day to day basis. I work in Furniture and… Cons: How much we get paid is abysmal. I work like a horse and am only making 9 dollars, though there's employees who do nothing who… Advice to Senior Management: Stop raising prices. More

Staples is an ok place to work.

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Red Deer, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Staples

Pros: Staples has great people who are always looking to joke around and make the best out of the day. Managers are very understanding with… Cons: Some customers are very rude, and probably the worst thing about working at Staples. This is probably the case at any store, however. … Advice to Senior Management: Doing a good job Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Staples.

Worked for Staples? Contribute to the Community!