Staples
2.9 of 5 1,801 reviews
www.staples.com Framingham, MA 5000+ Employees

Understaffed, but quick advancement if desired

Customer Service Lead (Current Employee)
Glendale, AZ

ProsWithin one year of working with the company, I received five promotions, all accompanied by raises. Job is easy to develop a routine with, and on the job training is available in most cases.

ConsStores severely understaffed, causing strain to few employees who remain being forced to pick up excess slack. In most cases, a promotion to a higher position actually means you will be performing duties of old position and current position, because your former position will not be filled.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn who your dead weight is, and when to drop them. Positions in the stores are so few as it is, do not let them continue to be filled by unmotivated workers.

Great place to work

Wireless Consultant (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Staples full-time for less than a year

Pros: I have had nothing but positive experience in SF Bay area market. you get weekly pay. and they… Cons: Top down communications from corporate or upper management seems to be a disconnect. seems to me like every other store is not on the same… Advice to Senior Management: Keep what you are doing, Things will get better. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Need a Thick Skin

Sales Manager (Current Employee)
    West Long Branch, NJ

I have been working at Staples full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Good benefits, Diverse environment, Great employees(90%), Great customers(68%), Stable company. Lots of education available, as long as you… Cons: Communication is sometimes challenging from the district managers/regional managers to store managers. Retail hours, District manager is more concerned career than problem solving. Sales of… Advice to Senior Management: Truly value your employees. The better you treat them, the better they treat the customer, the better your profit.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Staples.

Worked for Staples? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Staples reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Staples CEO Ron Sargent. All reviews posted anonymously by Staples employees.