Staples
3.0 of 5 1,577 reviews
careers.staples.com Framingham, MA 5000+ Employees

Staples is a very demanding company, with little work life balance

Store Manager (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I worked at Staples full-time for more than 5 years

Prosstrong company, decent pay and benefits, and bonus plan

Consno training, lack of store payroll. Inconsistent messag in the from DM and RVP in the Atlanta market. Company using low cost operating model LCOM, to keep stores open. 12 to 14 people in a building with all the tasks, ads, conference calls, and the constant pressure to get tech sales and copy sales. Pay for associates is terrible. They want big sales from $ 7.25per hour associates.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your head out of the sand and invest payroll in the stores. You cant operate to a profit. Put asociates in the store Stores need to have sku count reduced. Lots of dead inventory.

mobile consultant

Mobile Consultant (Current Employee)
Trenton, NJ

I have been working at Staples full-time for more than a year

Pros: discount, almost free cellphone service Cons: DM'S, Gm's they think they know everything, therefore you have to do as they say otherwise you are not part of the team. some of… Advice to Senior Management: employees can be really helpfull to create new bussines strategies, let them… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

poor pay expected to do everything

I have been working at Staples

Pros: Some great managers and employees Cons: low pay and also very understaffed Advice to Senior Management: Better raises More

There are newer reviews on Staples.

Worked for Staples? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Staples reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Staples CEO Ron Sargent. All reviews posted anonymously by Staples employees.