Staples

www.staples.com

Great place to work, would be happy to work there again :)!

Office Supply Associate (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsThe best part was I got to work in multiple departments by request, Office Supplies/Furniture/Copy Centre/Cash. Scheduling was flexible, and they were supportive of my college career and life in general. I find this rare in most companies. They treated me well, and I always had friends there, in management and co-workers.

ConsMoving up for career opportunities isn't fantastic, you have to move around a lot like a hot potatoe. Never happened to me, but saw it happen multiple times to co-workers and managers constantly leaving and being replaced. Part of the reason why I stayed put and happy in my position.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management stayed the same and were always great, but lower management moved around a lot (as stated in cons). Sometimes the new management would try to take over departments and not have faith and confidence in the dedicated long-term employees the store had before the new management came around. Maybe there should be more communication with new management about which employees to trust and let them do there thing when they come into the new store. I understand new managers have responsibility to tune-up stores to show their worth and get promoted, but not every store needs a complete re-work.

Things have changed so much in nine years.....use to be fun

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Unknown (Bangladesh)

I have been working at Staples full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Great customer relationship building, Pays good for the job, and… Cons: lack of support staff for customers, I turned from a manager to an overpaid sales associate because a major slash in payroll over the last… Advice to Senior Management: Can't expect managers to do their job when you are… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good place for career advancement

I have been working at Staples

Pros: Good place for career advancement Cons: Less bonuses and pay when compared to similar organizations More
There are newer reviews on Staples.

Worked for Staples? Contribute to the Community!