Ever Evolving

Current Employee - Manager
Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Staples full-time

Pros

Managers who care about you. Fast paced. Strong focus on the customer.

Cons

Little flexibility in hours. Micromanaged by field teams. Few opportunities for growth within market.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Hell on earth

Former Employee - Copy Center Associate in Bethesda, MD
    Former Employee - Copy Center Associate in Bethesda, MD

I worked at Staples part-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a culture, the people who work at Staples tend to have a sense of solidarity and formed familial ties with me during my time as copy and print associate. Working was made bearable by having friendly peers.

Cons

The importance they place on the Customer service satisfaction mystery shops-In the department of Copy and Print particularly. It is constantly busy and in order to score 100% you basically have to upsell certain services. Where this falls apart is: The mystery shoppers never spend more than 20 dollars, so they bring in small projects, and while the copy center is bustling, the natural inclination is to quickly complete the mystery shopper's small job and continue working on the bigger projects. Thus, the upselling is overlooked. In the entire year that I was there Not a ONE of us passed the CSAT, and it's silly because it's flawed by design.

Advice to Management

The General Manager by the time I left Staples was a very rude and unprofessional woman who prompted calls to HR from myself and my co-workers; none of which ever seemed to be resolved. I would suggest that Staples take the complaints of its workforce more seriously and try to better solve these types of issues before they explode. (which happens)

2. Great place to work.

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Chambersburg, PA
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Chambersburg, PA

I worked at Staples full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to develop leadership skills and advance.

Cons

The leadership skills and practices pushed downward were not always followed at the upper levels of leadership however expected of you.

Advice to Management

Being a great place to work is not only for front line leadership to hourly assoicates but within the leadership(management) ranks as well.