There are newer employer reviews for Staples

Ever Evolving

Current Employee - Manager
Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Staples full-time

Pros

Managers who care about you. Fast paced. Strong focus on the customer.

Cons

Little flexibility in hours. Micromanaged by field teams. Few opportunities for growth within market.

1961 Other Employee Reviews for Staples (View Most Recent)

Hell on earth

Former Employee - Copy Center Associate  in  Bethesda, MD
    Former Employee - Copy Center Associate in Bethesda, MD

I worked at Staples part-time for more than a year

Pros

As a culture, the people who work at Staples tend to have a sense of solidarity and formed familial ties with me during my time as copy and print associate. Working was made bearable by having friendly peers.

Cons

The importance they place on the Customer service satisfaction mystery shops-In the department of Copy and Print particularly. It is constantly busy and in order to score 100% you basically have to upsell certain services. Where this falls apart is: The mystery shoppers never spend more than 20 dollars, so they bring in small projects, and while the copy center is bustling, the natural inclination is to quickly complete the mystery shopper's small job and continue working on the bigger projects. Thus, the upselling is overlooked. In the entire year that I was there Not a ONE of us passed the CSAT, and it's silly because it's flawed by design.

The General Manager by the time I left Staples was a very rude and unprofessional woman who prompted calls to HR from myself and my co-workers; none of which ever seemed to be resolved. I would suggest that Staples take the complaints of its workforce more seriously and try to better solve these types of issues before they explode. (which happens)

Just another job...

Current Employee - EasyTech Associate
    Current Employee - EasyTech Associate

I have been working at Staples part-time for more than a year

Pros

Usually will work around your schedule if you have other obligations. Small staff so you get to know the people you work with.

Cons

The sales aspect of the job receives too much emphasis; Often "talked to" about sales performance, stating it is your job to sell. Too stressful with what is required to provide great customer service.

Require the same goals out of all associates in the same team, instead of picking and choosing.

There are newer employer reviews for Staples

Worked for Staples? Contribute to the Community!